Monday, March 29, 2010

Memorial ring for Chet BZ


march 26 2010 chet1
Originally uploaded by cosmosmoonjewelry
My sweet kitty "Chet" was with me from 1991- 2002......

he first came to me in Bisbee Arizona- then moved with me to Tucson- later became a world traveler when we moved to Florence Italy- and then in 2000 moved back to Tucson.

He was an incredible traveler- just hunkered down and stayed quiet until he got to the destination. (even rode in coach all the way to Italy and back...he and I recovered from jet lag together...bonding over our sleepless nights and groggy afternoons

He was a great friend- sadly lost his life to feline leukemia** around this time in 2002, when I was pregnant with Cosmo.
(** it was then that I found out that the feline leukemia vaccine is only %85 effective -perhaps if I had known that he still could have been infected I wouldn't have let him outside- but then again, I feel bad for kitties that haven't frolicked in the garden...thankfully the cat that we have now isn't at all interested in going out )
I often wonder if he sensed the impending shift in attention and decided to leave while he was still ahead. ( I know, kind of "woo woo" thinking, but it does come into my head...)
I miss you Chet, "the great Boo boose"
thank you for being a part of my life.

No comments:

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger