Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Studio news....Memorial piece for John H...

Hi There-
I admit, I've been neglecting my blog. I could offer excuses, summer vacation, too many responsibilities, not enough time...but really, I've just not felt like writing in my blog lately.
mea culpa.
In my studio....I'm starting to make a bunch of Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos pieces...when in Tucson, skull and memorial pieces are a must!

NEWS:
I DID get a "Dia de" memorial piece accepted in the Tohono Chul (Tucson botanical garden and gallery) show in October/November....here is a sneak peek...It's a piece I made in memorial for my dear friend John Henderson, who was killed while riding in the Tour de Tucson 2013...

a pic of John (seated) and his partner of 26 years(Bill) in my studio taken about 2010



RIP John- we miss you!

*sigh* every time my son goes on a bike ride (he is really into riding these days) I hold my breath... John was killed while riding in one of the biggest events in Tucson...under very controlled and "safe" environment. And yet, a driver (who had a diabetic event that blacked out behind the wheel) still found him, and that was that. You just never know.

OK, not wanting to put a bummer out there- just be safe while riding, and drivers...LOOK OUT FOR BIKES!
thanks- M

2 comments:

Chiropractic Clinics OF NEVADA said...

Very informative!
I appreciate this post. I like it. Thanks for sharing the great piece of information.
Henderson neck pain

Chiropractic Clinics OF NEVADA said...

Nice post.
It is very useful and interesting blog. It shares important tips about
Henderson neck pain

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger