Sunday, October 16, 2011

a Horse a Horse

My kingdom for a Horse! or Queendom, if you want to be picky..:-)
I've now listed a pendant design that I am resurrecting
http://www.etsy.com/listing/83957419/jumping-horse-pendant-in-white-bronze
It's a piece I originally designed in the early 90's- I used to make these as pins- (well, similar to this, I've done a bit of subtle refining on the design. ) but now I'm re-working them and making them as pendants (because I tend to wear pendants more than pins now- not very many jackets and pins needed here in the sunny southwest- plus, I think pendants are much more popular)

I love this Horse- and I find that I can "read" it as a few different characters- the Event horse, coming off a drop fence during cross country, a Cave drawing horse, a frolicking pony in the paddock, a bucking rodeo horse, a Lippizaner performing airs above the ground, a reining horse setting up for a sliding stop.... It is the essence of an exuberant equine- and for me, that's one of the most beautiful things in the world

I wore one in brass today when I went to the TRAK fall festival. that's a really great place to bring your kids, by the way. (TRAK, by the way is short for "Theraputic Ranch for Animals and Kids", and is located at 3230 North Craycroft Road, Tucson, AZ 85712 phone #(520) 298-9808 info@traktucson.org

My favorite part of the TRAK event was the "horse apple bingo"- the paddock was sectioned off in a grid, you bought a ticket for the section, at 2 pm the horses were let out in the paddock and where the first "horse apple" was "deposited" the owner of the square won a flat screen TV! I've never seen so many people excited about horses pooping! LOL , no I didn't win :-P

No comments:

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger