Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

Today I'm going to venture out of my comfort level and address the urgent need for aid in Haiti.

Please forgive me- I don't normally send out appeals- and I don't want to offend anyone by pushing a cause- but this is so Urgent that I feel compelled to send this information.

This photo was taken from this link:
http://www.belpoz.com/picture-5924

Last night I spent some time watching the news coverage of the horrific situation in Haiti-and then spent most of the night waking up from "earthquake" dreams. Thankfully, for me it was a dream, and I woke to my somewhat messy but safe home, and today I am able to have a cup of tea and breakfast while I work on my computer.

Then I think of the thousands of people lying broken in the streets of Port au Prince and I am crushed by the sense of helplessness I see in their eyes-

one thing that is needed as I'm sure you know by now is money to help the disaster relief-
Here is an easy way to help right now-

Every little bit helps. If you text HAITI to 90999, a $10 donation to the Red Cross will be charged to your cell phone. This is totally legitimate. I checked it out with the Red Cross and my cell service before I did it. It's quick it's easy and it's affordable.

thank you- Maureen

No comments:

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger