I was thinking of helping all of our significant others, giving them a sort of master list to look at for Metalsmith Gifts... I asked for input from the Metalsmiths Unite group and blog, and here is the list we generated----please feel free to add your wishes!
1. world peace/ the end of hunger
2. really good hand cream
3. a cool apron for the shop
4. a bench mounted band saw
5. a coupon for 100 solitary hours at my bench
1. Rolling Mill
2. Paragon Kiln
3. Hydraulic Press
4. Bigger Studio
5. Time to use them
2- New Torch
3- lots of metal to play with
4- a reason to quit my day job so I have more time to play with my presents
1. lots of gemstones
2. gold, frankincense and myrrh
3. vouchers at favorite suppliers
5. chocolates, many boxes
7. master classes
OOh - I love DeAnne's #4 -
"a reason to quit my day job...
Although - I have lots of reasons, just need some courage to go with them!
1. set of Fretz hammers
2. rolling mill
3. new torch
4. new tables for my booth
5. a week workshop at arrowmont, pendland or appalachian ceter for craft
1. A stump with a big anvil
2. A nice bench shear
3. A New belt sander
4. Blades and bits that don't dull or break
Eddie (aka Erkki Kokko)said...
I got some wishes too...
2.A milling machine
3.Lots of materials to play with...
4.Time to play with my new tools :)
5.What else? ...hmmm... oh yeah, world peace!
Maureen BZ said...
I just thought of another one-
I was just thinking...
instead of a gift-
how about making a donation to an arts organization on someone's behalf?
(I know I'd love to make a more significant
donation to Haystack)the arts are suffering from lack of funding as usual- so maybe we could make a list of orgs that need more support from our community...
hey, I'd be super happy with a membership renewal for SNAG! :-) just saying
I'm still thinking in terms of a jewelers bra - with a nice little shield to protect my sternum when I tighten my saw. Is that too much ask for?
Eddie (aka Erkki) said...
If you take close look of my "interview pic" you can see, that i have reinforced my leather apron's left hand side with a piece of thick rubber.
It is handy when i tighten my saw!
No more chest pain! :) :)
-Erkki- (Eddie) :D
Great idea! My santa list has on it:
1- rolling mill
2- set of alphabet stamps
3- set of really good needle files
4- set of really good hand files
Ooooh... my list would include...
1. Some of that "invisible glove" hand cream that gardeners use... Makes cleaning up after polishing a breeze.
2. A custom made logo stamp.
3. A long enough holiday to let my nails grow long enough to paint them (for the first time ever)
4. Tough enough fingers after the holiday to be able to work again without major finger damage...
5. Some clothes without acid holes in them.
Art of the Firebird said...
1. A big ol' tree stump for pounding things on
2. Several texturing hammers
3. A small but sturdy rolling mill
4. Someone to come in and organize my studio
5. Time to work in the studio once it's organized