Wednesday, June 24, 2009

images and compositions



Sometimes when I am taking these images I imagine the photos to be paintings, so I am playing with composition in the images as well as the piece...here are a few images I took today of some of my new work..







you can hopefully see the play on composition and lighting that I utilize to make the images approach something other than just documenting the metals piece...

I feel like these images are as important as the piece, and may become a larger player in my artwork as I develop the image vocabularies...
each of these pieces are almost becoming characters in a play- in a similar way to how Giorgio Morandi would play with the still life compositions and bottle figures that he was so masterful at composing and infusing with life ...

No comments:

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger