Wednesday, January 14, 2009




I'm Branching OUT!


Last week I started making ear Tunnels.


First in Mokume Gane, then in circus stripe copper and silver..I'm contemplating making a pair with 18 k yellow and sterling mixed metals.. and then there is etching.... I think I will be doing some plugs soon too...




I'm feeling my urban roots..listening to loud music (the CraMPS, Tom wAITS..nICK cAVE..)


thinking a lot about days of old when I was bold..Art School days..(SMFA Boston) those freezing walks behind the MFA to get to the school..slipping and sliding on the sheets of ice that often formed there. I am feeling nostalgic, a desire for those old grungy smoke filled days. Memory has got to be selective...I know I was 85% miserable for most of those years..(ask anyone, they will tell you)but still there remains the romance of the past.




OH the Joys of Metalsmithing! one thing leads to another..love it love it love it.

2 comments:

Maureen Bz said...

sold 2 pair this week! yahoo!

CarolynArtist said...

Those are GORGEOUS! I love the beautiful metals!

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger