Sunday, January 11, 2009

ahh.. winter in Southern Arizona!











While most of my family toughs out winters in the Northeast and Northwest, we revel in the splendor of cloudless 70 degree days here in Tucson.
I call it bragging season....




here are a few images I took this week (for my project 365 experiment)
I met my friend Kariman in the park. She was flying a handmade kite with her son










We went for a hike at Catalina State Park, near Tucson. The mountain snow runs off into a series of streams .. that eventually ends up in the Santa Cruz river. (which is dry 85% of the time)
Rhythm and texture found in the remains of a cactus..
Before you get upset about my bragging, remember to mark your calenders for late August, when the monsoons dry up and we here in Tucson are stuck with another 2 months or so of hideous heat ..(then be sure to send me a reminder of the lovely weather you are enjoying)
what goes up must come down.
Snuggle up, put another log on the fire..I'll try my best to send some warmth your way~
ciao- Maureen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be in Tucson for the gem and jewelry show in Feb. I can't wait to see all the wonderful gems etc. but most of all I am looking forward to some fine weather!

ganoksin

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger